Asset Operations Manager
Position Summary: The position requires several areas of expertise including Energy Asset Scheduling/Planning, Daily Operations Management, Market Offer Participation, Offer Restatement, Settlements and Compliance.
- Manage daily operations between Hecate Grid projects in production and pre-COD with Energy Scheduling Coordinator including power scheduling, trade settlements and dispute resolution
- Assist in enhancement of short-term electricity forecasting and operational strategy as applied to energy storage assets
- Develop maintenance and outage plan for energy storage assets
- Coordinate with internal analysis team to effectively communicate offer strategy and operational events with ISO and Scheduler/Operator
- Design and develop reports to be deployed across varying levels of the organization from planning, trading and operations, to upper level management
- Support project development efforts including assisting with RFP responses, ISO registrations, and required ISO filings
- Point of contact for ISO, Schedulers, O&M provider and any group related to operations of asset
- Maintain, document and continually enhance operational processes
- Manage compliance reporting to government agencies as required
- Knowledge of the energy industry, specifically of renewable energy solutions and ISO tariffs as they relate to real-time operations
- Demonstrated aptitude applying energy risk management and settlement experience
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication, planning, organization and presentation skills
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Available on-call around the clock to respond to issues that may require immediate resolution or escalation
Hecate Grid LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Hecate Grid is a utility-scale electricity storage project developer, owner, and operator. It was founded by U.S. based renewable energy company Hecate Energy, and InfraRed Capital Partners, a UK based infrastructure fund. Grid storage is a rapidly growing component of the electric power grid, and as penetration of renewable energy generation continues to increase, grid-tied electricity storage will increasingly be used to balance intermittent resources like wind and solar power generation. Hecate Grid develops, owns, and operates a growing network of utility-scale electricity storage projects at key nodes in select electricity markets and is developing proprietary trading strategies and algorithms.