Finance and Origination Associate - Energy Storage
The Finance Associate will develop and maintain financial models for energy storage projects in order to assist in valuation, project development, origination, and financial reporting. This is a high visibility role in a small but fast-growing company. The Associate will report directly to the CEO of Hecate Grid.
- Developing and maintaining financial models of energy storage projects
- Manage and develop responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for offtake opportunities
- Support and/or lead the development of internal approval processes, creating materials discussing development status, project economics (including various sensitivities), investment risks and opportunities, and requests for approval of funds
- Monitor trends in the power, utilities, and energy storage sectors to alert development and analytical teams of new opportunities or changes to internal strategy
- Assist asset management and trading teams to perform ad hoc reports and analyses of project performance such as actual vs. expected financial performance, operations, and contractual compliance
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel, creating and managing financial models
- Excellent written communication related to project marketing and investor relations
- 3-5 years of experience in power, utilities, and/or infrastructure finance, M&A, or similar function
- Utility scale energy storage knowledge preferred, but not required
- Knowledge or experience with power plant development preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or greater. No requirement for specific degrees, but understand this is a quantitative role.
- Open to listening to obscure genres of music in the office (including but not limited to jazz, bluegrass, noise, math rock)
Hecate Grid LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Hecate Grid is a utility-scale electricity storage project developer, owner, and operator. It was founded by U.S. based renewable energy company Hecate Energy, and InfraRed Capital Partners, a UK based infrastructure fund. Grid storage is a rapidly growing component of the electric power grid, and as penetration of renewable energy generation continues to increase, grid-tied electricity storage will increasingly be used to balance intermittent resources like wind and solar power generation. Hecate Grid develops, owns, and operates a growing network of utility-scale electricity storage projects at key nodes in select electricity markets and is developing proprietary trading strategies and algorithms.