Financial Analyst / Associate
Hecate Energy is seeking a Financial Analyst / Associate to join our renewable energy development team in Chicago. The finance team member will develop and maintain financial models for energy pricing and project valuation. The new team member will be a key part of project development as well as financial reporting. This is a high visibility role in a small and fast-growing company.
- Developing and maintaining financial models of renewable energy projects
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) by developing pricing models for offtake contracts (including Power Purchase Agreements, hedges, Energy Storage Agreements)
- Assist in the financing and sale of projects by creating marketing materials, facilitating investor due diligence requests, and assisting in the analysis of financing options
- Monitor trends in the power, utilities, and energy storage sectors to alert development and analytical teams of new opportunities or changes to internal strategy
- Work with senior finance team members to develop internal processes for project development, accounting and M&A functions
- Assist asset management teams to perform ad hoc reports and analyses of project performance and contractual compliance
Required Skills and Experience
- Extremely proficient in creating and managing financial models in Microsoft Excel. Hecate will ask the applicant to demonstrate their skills.
- Excellent written communication skills for project marketing and investor relations
- 2 - 5 years experience in power, utilities, and/or infrastructure finance, M&A, or similar function
- Understanding of the utility scale energy generation industry preferred, but not required
- Knowledge or experience with power plant development preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or greater. There is not a specific degree requirement, but this is a highly quantitative role.
- Open to listening to broad genres of music in the office (including but not limited to jazz, bluegrass, noise, boogie, house, and math rock). Should own at least one bicycle.
Hecate is the largest privately owned renewable energy developer in the U.S. With a team of 30, we are consistently on industry rankings for top ten developers nationally. The Company was founded in 2012 by a team of energy industry veterans who have worked together for over 25 years. Hecate has executed over 2,600 MWac of renewable power purchase agreements (PPAs) with an active project pipeline over 12 GW. Hecate currently has 1,495 MW of solar and 58 MWh of battery storage projects operating or under construction, totaling over $1.1 billion in asset value.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Hecate Energy is an equal opportunity employer