The position requires several areas of expertise including Energy Asset Scheduling/Planning, Operations Management, Market Offer Participation, Offer Restatement, Settlements, and Contracts Management.
- Manage daily operations of Hecate Grid’s energy storage projects. Collaborate with internal quantitative teams and Energy Scheduling Coordinator to manage power scheduling, trade settlements and dispute resolution.
- Point of contact for ISO, Schedulers, O&M provider and any group related to operations of asset.
- Assist in enhancement of short-term electricity forecasting and operational strategy as applied to energy storage assets.
- Coordinate with internal analysis team to effectively communicate offer strategy and operational events with ISO and Scheduler/Operator.
- Manage contract compliance to project agreements. (O&M, offtake, interconnection, etc.)
- Oversee maintenance and outage plans for energy storage assets.
- Author reports to be deployed across varying levels of the organization from planning, trading, operations, and project performance to upper level management and investors.
- Enforce market / operational data best practices to maintain integrity and access for internal customers.
- Collaborate with development and EPC teams to coordinate pre-COD tasks including asset registration and regulatory filings.
- Support project development efforts including assisting with RFP responses, ISO registrations, and required ISO filings.
- Collaborate with accounting and finance teams on budgeting and cash flow forecasting.
- Manage compliance reporting to DOE, NERC, FERC, ISO, as required.
- Ensures commercial, governmental, regulatory obligations are met including all Health, Safety, and Environmental statutes as well as ensuring all key milestones within the major agreements are achieved.
- Knowledge of the energy industry, specifically of renewable energy solutions and ISO tariffs as they relate to market operations.
- Demonstrated aptitude applying energy risk management and settlement experience.
- Commercial and technical acumen.
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication, planning, organization and presentation skills.
- 3+ years of relevant experience. Experience with energy storage and/or real-time electricity market operations is a plus.
- Available on-call around the clock to respond to issues that may require immediate resolution or escalation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Biannual company retreats
- Office pantry fully stocked with snacks
- Bring your dog to work
Hecate Grid is a platform jointly owned by Hecate Energy and InfraRed Capital that develops, owns, and operates standalone utility scale energy storage projects in North America. Our projects are integral to the decarbonization of the electricity industry. Hecate Grid and its affiliates have been awarded over 10 GW of renewable and flexible power capacity in North America, Europe and MENA.
How to Apply
Do you sound like a good fit? Email us at GridHR@hecateenergy.com
- Include the role's title in your subject line.