Finance and M&A Manager
Hecate Energy is seeking a Finance and M&A Manager to join our renewable energy development team in Chicago. This is a front-office role that will play a key role in the delivery of Hecate Energy’s 40 GW development project pipeline by managing M&A processes, including: overseeing the creation of financial models and marketing materials, conducting investor outreach, negotiating commercial terms of transactions, and facilitating investor due diligence. This team member will also be a key part of advising on project development strategy, financial reporting, and process improvement. The Finance and M&A Manager will report to the head of Finance & M&A, who in turn reports to the CEO and COO.
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent health insurance, 100% of premiums covered by employer
- 401k plan to be implemented in Q4 2022
- Highly flexible PTO and sick leave policy
- Hybrid working arrangements (combination of in-office (Chicago) and work-from-wherever)
- Biannual company retreats, fully stocked pantries, in-office music performance space
Hecate Energy is one of the largest renewable energy developers in the U.S. With a team of 60 (and growing!), Hecate develops renewable energy and energy storage projects across North America. The Company was founded in 2012 by a team of energy industry veterans who have worked together for over 25 years. Hecate has developed over $3 billion worth of renewable energy projects, executed over 6,100 MWac of renewable power purchase agreements (PPAs), and built an active project pipeline over 40 GW. Hecate Energy also develops and operates a portfolio of energy storage projects through its Hecate Grid subsidiary.
Hecate Energy is an equal opportunity employer
- Manage M&A processes for renewable energy development process by managing pre-marketing (creation of teasers, CIMs, financial models) and marketing activities (investor outreach, Q&A and diligence facilitation), and assisting in negotiation of term sheets and transaction documents leading up to closing
- Oversee or assist in the creation of project financial models for use in M&A and other commercial processes, including offtake origination, corporate development transactions, and more
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) by developing pricing models for revenue contracts (including Power Purchase Agreements, hedges, Energy Storage Agreements)
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparties and advisors including: buyers of projects, financial, legal, and other advisors, lenders or other project finance investors
- Monitor trends in the power, utilities, and energy storage sectors and capital markets to alert development and analytical teams of new opportunities or changes to internal strategy
- Work with the head of M&A in the creation and maintenance of regular M&A updates and reports to provide to Hecate Energy management and Board of Directors
- Perform ad hoc reports and analyses for corporate finance, project asset management, and project development teams to assess project and/or company-level financial performance and contractual compliance
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel or similar. Candidates may be asked to perform a (simple) modeling test
- Experience or familiarity in developing M&A marketing materials in PowerPoint or Word, including teasers, CIMs, investment theses, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both internal and external parties. This is a “front-office” role which will interface heavily with counterparties
- 4-7 years of experience in finance and M&A, with a preference for candidates with experience in energy, power, utilities, and/or infrastructure development and project finance.
- Understanding of wholesale power markets and power generation preferred, but not required
- Knowledge or experience with power plant development preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field
- Self-awareness of one’s quirks and appreciation for those of teammates