Finance and Origination Analyst
Hecate Grid is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our growing battery storage IPP team in Chicago. The Analyst will develop and maintain financial models for energy pricing and project valuation. The new team member will be a key part of project development as well as financial reporting. This is a high visibility role in a fast-growing company.
- Developing and maintaining financial models of battery energy storage projects
- Assist in responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) by developing pricing models for offtake contracts (including Power Purchase Agreements, hedges, Energy Storage Agreements)
- Assist in the financing and sale of projects by creating marketing materials, facilitating investor due diligence requests, and assisting in the analysis of financing options
- Monitor trends in the power, utilities, and energy storage sectors to alert development and analytical teams of new opportunities or changes to internal strategy
- Work with senior finance team members to develop internal processes for project development, accounting and M&A functions
- Assist asset management teams to perform ad hoc reports and analyses of project performance and contractual compliance
- Extremely proficient in creating and managing financial models in Microsoft Excel; applicants will be requested to demonstrate skills as part of the interview process
- Excellent written communication skills for project marketing and investor relations; experience in articulating data through presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in power, utilities, and/or infrastructure finance, M&A, or similar function
- Bachelor’s degree or greater; although there is not a specific degree requirement, this is a highly quantitative role
- Understanding of the utility scale energy generation industry preferred, but not required
- Knowledge or experience with power plant development preferred, but not required
- Self-motivated, innovative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, contemporary/unstructured environment
- Self-awareness of one’s “quirks” and appreciation for those of teammates
- Open to listening to broad genres of music in the office (including but not limited to jazz, bluegrass, noise, boogie, house, and math rock)
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Biannual company retreats; Fully stocked office pantry; Bring your dog to work
Hecate Grid is a platform jointly owned by Hecate Energy and InfraRed Capital that develops, owns, and operates standalone utility scale energy storage projects in North America. Our projects are integral to the decarbonization of the electricity industry. Hecate Grid and its affiliates have been awarded over 10 GW of renewable and flexible power capacity in North America, Europe and MENA. Hecate Grid is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send your resume to GridHR@HecateEnergy.com. Please include the job title in the email subject line.